Placements, internships, and industry projects in the School of Business
On this page
In this section
There are various opportunities throughout the year for both undergraduate and postgraduate students to work with industry:
- Short term opportunities for undergraduate students through our Internship Module - you will be able to complete a 30 hour internship as part of your degree.
- Longer term summer internships - some of these opportunities will be sourced by us and others are sourced by you. We advertise a wide range of placements through our Careers Portal, GoinGlobal, and will contact you regularly to tell you about these.
- Agencies and organisations that offer internships, such as the Saltire Foundation where we have seen a number of our students go over the last few years - we work closely with these bodies to ensure that you are supported to apply and make the best of these opportunities.
- Our engagement with industry is so expansive, it means that various opportunities for you can come out of the blue. Students have met employers at our events and gone on to complete small project work for them.
- Volunteering opportunities with third sector and charitable organisations.
- Real-life projects - a number of our postgraduate students also spend short periods of time working with local companies on real-life projects with many of them using this as their MSc project.
- Global Internship programme for postgraduate students on one of our conversion degrees.