Employability at the School of Business
In the School of Business, employability and support for careers is something that we have invested heavily in. We offer a wide range of services to our students and those that take full advantage of them are the ones that ultimately succeed when searching for job opportunities.
Whilst we can’t promise you a graduate job role upon completion of your studies, we can offer you a wide range of services. For international students these may ultimately assist you in the process of accessing a Graduate visa, by preparing you fully and helping you understand the recruitment processes here in the UK.
Our services include:
- CV/Interview advice and support
- Guidance on where to find graduate roles and how to apply
- Input and advice from leading recruiters and large organisations
- Access to actively recruiting organisations through events
- Regular job postings and access to job opportunities
- Workshops with industry advising on career opportunities
- Consultancy projects with industry
These services are available to all students in the School of Business at both Bachelor and Master’s level. Those students and graduates that succeed are the ones that get most involved in what we offer and work hard.
An internship during your course is also another way to help you succeed, and/or work towards a Graduate visa. For some of our Master’s degrees, we offer an 8-week internship. An Internship on your CV sends out a very strong message to future employers.
Some of our Bachelor degrees offer internships as part of the course and there is a list of external internships which our team will make you aware of.