Resources and support for postgraduate researchers
We want you to be happy, productive and successful at the University of Dundee. Make the most of your time with us with help from these resources and services.
Resources for postgraduate researchers
Developed specifically for postgraduate researchers, these resources will help you maintain good mental health and stay on track with your research.
Resilience in Research
With podcasts, blogs and links to further resources, this is your guide to developing your resilience throughout your research career.
The Wellbeing Thesis
This online resource aims to support you with a variety of wellbeing, learning and research topics, including exploring your goals for your research, maintaining motivation, managing stress, and making the research process work for you.
Our teams are here to support you as a postgraduate researcher.
The Enquiry Centre is your first port of call for queries and questions.
Registry handles some of the key processes required for managing your degree, including matriculation, fee invoicing, student data, thesis submission, and graduation. The Enquiry Centre will advise you if your question should be directed towards Registry.
Our friendly international teams give visa and immigration support, provide English language courses and drop-in support sessions, and run a social and cultural programme throughout the year.
Advice services and mental health support
Your wellbeing is important to us. If you’re having a difficult time, please talk to the Doctoral Academy staff or to one of the advice services below. You don’t need to wait until you are in a crisis before reaching out.
- Student Support Team are available to support postgraduate researchers, this team offers help and support with both work-related and personal challenges
- Chaplaincy is a multi-cultural, supportive environment, the Chaplaincy is open to postgraduate researchers of all faiths and none
- Gender-based violence support
- University Counselling Service offers free, confidential and non-judgemental counselling and online self-help resources
We also have a number of confidential and impartial advice services that are operated independently of the University, including:
- Dundee University Students’ Association (DUSA) Advice Service offers advice on academic support, health, safety, housing, and money
- Citizens Advice Bureau offers advice on housing, debt, family, law, and many other topics
The Postgraduate Research Experience Survey (PRES)
PRES is an annual survey conducted by institutions across the UK and globally about the postgraduate researcher experience.
Feedback is vital to the University – it lets us know how your programme of research is going. The survey allows us to compare how we are doing against the experience of postgraduate researchers at other institutions, helping us make changes that will improve the UoD experience for others in the future.
The survey focuses on students’ experiences of:
- research community
- progress and assessment
- skills and professional development
Please get in touch if you have any questions