Resources and support for postgraduate researchers
We want you to be happy, productive and successful at the University of Dundee. Make the most of your time with us with help from these resources and services.
We are here to support you during the Covid-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. Please monitor your University email account regularly for announcements and updates, and familiarise yourself with the following coronavirus guidance:
For questions relating to coronavirus that are not answered by these guides, please contact email@example.com.
Resources for postgraduate researchers
Developed specifically for postgraduate researchers, these resources will help you maintain good mental health and stay on track with your research.
Resilience in Research
With podcasts, blogs and links to further resources, this is your guide to developing your resilience throughout your research career.
The Wellbeing Thesis
This online resource aims to support you with a variety of wellbeing, learning and research topics, including exploring your goals for your research, maintaining motivation, managing stress, and making the research process work for you.
Our teams are here to support you as a postgraduate researcher.
The Enquiry Centre is your first port of call for queries and questions.
Registry handles some of the key processes required for managing your degree, including matriculation, fee invoicing, student data, thesis submission, and graduation. The Enquiry Centre will advise you if your question should be directed towards Registry.
Our friendly international teams give visa and immigration support, provide English language courses and drop-in support sessions, and run a social and cultural programme throughout the year.
Advice services and mental health support
Your wellbeing is important to us. If you’re having a difficult time, please talk to the Doctoral Academy staff or to one of the advice services below. You don’t need to wait until you are in a crisis before reaching out.
- Student Support Team – available to support postgraduate researchers, this team offers help and support with both work-related and personal challenges
- Chaplaincy - a multi-cultural, supportive environment, the Chaplaincy is open to postgraduate researchers of all faiths and none
- Gender-based violence support
- University Counselling Service – offers free, confidential and non-judgemental counselling and online self-help resources
We also have a number of confidential and impartial advice services that are operated independently of the University, including:
- Dundee University Students’ Association (DUSA) Advice Service – offers advice on academic support, health, safety, housing, and money
- Citizens Advice Bureau – offers advice on housing, debt, family, law, and many other topics
Researcher culture and community
Platforms and digital channels are available for PGRs at the University of Dundee to help them network and establish an online professional presence.
Doctoral Academy Forum
The Doctoral Academy Forum is a PGR-led and owned initiative to discuss matters of concern to the PGR community. All current PGR students at the University of Dundee are automatically members of the Forum. There are identified representatives from the Schools.
The remit of the Doctoral Academy Forum
- represent a collective voice for all postgraduate researchers on matters or concerns affecting them under the auspices of the Doctoral Academy
- provide a platform for communication and networking amongst postgraduate researchers and the wider research ecosystem
- promote the central support and opportunities available for researcher development from across the University
- facilitate a pan-university community for postgraduate researchers to improve the experience during their time at the University of Dundee
- influence university policy and practice to address any perceived inequality of opportunity
University of Dundee Postgraduate Society
The University of Dundee Postgraduate Society is a society for all postgraduates (including taught postgrads), providing a space for postgraduate researchers across all disciplines to participate in events, share news, and connect with each other.
School postgraduate societies
Some Schools have their own postgraduate societies which organise social events and community meetings.
Please get in touch if you have any questions
+44 (0)1382 384437