Student Support Team
We help students deal with issues or challenges which may impact on their studies or personal lives
We encourage you to make contact with us first, if you need to speak to someone face to face this can be arranged by appointment.
- If you require support or advice then complete our form
- If you are in Residences complete our form
The Student Support Team is made up of:
- Joan Muszynski, Student Support Adviser (Campus)
- Nicole Robertson, Student Support Adviser (Residences)
- Sarah Browne, Support Worker (Wellbeing and Sexual Violence Prevention)
- Liam Quinn - Student Experience Coordinator (SWITCH worker)
Each member of our team has different specialisms, but we all offer support for a wide range of issues including:
- Staying on course with your studies
- Changing your course once you have started studying
- Managing stress
- Difficulties with anxiety and/or depression
- Issues with flatmates/accommodation
- Personal difficulties
- Gender based violence
- Peer support
We will, of course, refer you to any specialist help within the University or externally as required.
The Student Support team aims to offer the appropriate support and referral for all students.
Students not currently resident within the UK and requiring mental health assistance are advised to contact local mental health resources or services within your country as we are unable to refer you to those services.