Postgraduate Researcher's culture and community
Platforms and digital channels are available for PGRs at the University of Dundee to help them network and establish an online professional presence.
Doctoral Academy Forum
The Doctoral Academy Forum is a PGR-led and owned initiative to discuss matters of concern to the PGR community. All current PGR students at the University of Dundee are automatically members of the Forum. There are identified ambassadors from the Schools.
The remit of the Doctoral Academy Forum
- represent a collective voice for all postgraduate researchers on matters or concerns affecting them under the auspices of the Doctoral Academy
- provide a platform for communication and networking amongst postgraduate researchers and the wider research ecosystem
- promote the central support and opportunities available for researcher development from across the University
- facilitate a pan-university community for postgraduate researchers to improve the experience during their time at the University of Dundee
- influence university policy and practice to address any perceived inequality of opportunity
University of Dundee Postgraduate Society
The University of Dundee Postgraduate Society is a society for all postgraduates (including taught postgrads), providing a space for postgraduate researchers across all disciplines to participate in events, share news, and connect with each other.
School postgraduate societies
Some Schools have their own postgraduate societies which organise social events and community meetings.