Statistics and Probability module (MA12003)
In this module, you will be introduced to statistics and probability. You will learn how to present data in an informative and accessible way. You will develop an understanding of probability and gain experience using data samples to make predictions about the overall population. You will also learn how to use the software package Microsoft Excel to do calculations with data, developing IT skills that have broader applicability beyond statistics. As you work through the topics in this module, you will encounter various examples from real-world applications where statistics and probability can be used.
- Numerical summaries of data
- Visual representation of data
- Rules of probability
- Discrete distributions, including the binomial and Poisson distribution
- Continuous distributions, including the normal distribution
- Using data samples to predict linear relationships, estimate variables and carry out hypothesis tests.
- Using Microsoft Excel for data analysis
This module is available on following courses: