Discipline, complaints, and appeals

On this page

What is the difference between an academic related complaint and an appeal?

An academic related complaint is a specific concern about the provision of a programme of study or related academic service, including teaching and academic facilities.

An appeal is different. It is a request for a review of the decision of an academic body charged with making decisions on student progression, assessment and awards etc.

Complaints will be considered under the CHP. However, if a complaint is deemed by the Director of Academic and Corporate Governance to be an appeal, the University may then deal with it under the appropriate appeal procedures, or other appropriate mechanism.

Complaints from staff members

Complaints from staff members are dealt with by the People team under the University’s Grievance Procedure.

Information for parents



Karen Stulka
Compliance Manager (Student)