TASC support for researchers - planning your research project

Plan your research project and complete the legal documents.

On this page

Is it research?

If your project is to derive generalizable new knowledge by addressing clearly defined research questions relevant to health and social care, by means of systematic and rigorous methods, this is classified as research.

It is likely to require:

Contact tascgovernance@dundee.ac.uk if you are uncertain as Research Governance is responsible for determining the appropriate approval pathway for projects.

If your project is:

  • to understand if a service is following best practice guidelines, or if the care is being delivered effectively
  • to assess the effectiveness of a service or of an intervention already in place
  • to implement new practice with no research question

Contact: tay.clinicalgovernanceriskdept@nhs.scot