Career Planning Module Online module (AG20001)
For undergraduate students seeking to gain better understanding of the career planning and management process.
Career Planning Module Online is ideal for anyone who wants to get started with choosing a career path and/or make plans towards their future.
Delivered online by our specialist tutors through My Dundee, you will be able to access materials in your own time so is perfect for students who have a busy timetable and/or other commitments.
It is designed to build your awareness of the career paths available to you as a graduate and how to prepare for success in the recruitment process.
What you will learn
In this module, you will:
- learn to indicate your strengths and areas for development (self-awareness)
- find out more about individual skills awareness and development
- understand how to excel in the recruitment process – CVs, application forms, and interviews
- gain a better awareness of options awaiting you after graduation
- understand career options with detailed investigation of a career of your choice
By the end of this module you will be able to:
- name key factors of career choice and their personal application to you
- do a proper research into your career options and opportunities
- write effective recruitment documents to impress
- thrive when participating in video interviews
Assignments / assessment
- Careers Investigation Report
- application assignment
- video interview
This module does not have a final exam.
Teaching methods / timetable
The approach to teaching and learning involves independent study online supported by online webinars to encourage class contact and discussion. All material is covered through online resources and divided into Theme 1 and Theme 2 for clarity and ease.
In addition to those shown below, this module is open to any student where their degree pathway allows. Please speak to your Adviser of Studies if you are interested in this module.
This module is available on following courses: