Economics of Globalisation module (BU40016)
Gain insight of economics and policies with a global perspective understanding the differences that this makes when cross border decisions have to be made.
You will analyse global economic business trends and explore key trade and investment theories between countries.
Discuss the policy effects on corporate decisions regarding trade, labour, and investment.
Plus gain insights into the global trading system's operation and its business implications.
What you will learn
In this module, you will:
- explore international trade and investment in a historical perspective
- gain insight of business across borders
- understand how multinationals are formed
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- discuss outsourcing vs offshoring
- understand the challenges and opportunities of internationalisation
Assignments / assessment
- Essay (40%)
- Final exam (60%)
Teaching methods / timetable
You should expect a combination of weekly in-person lectures and tutorials alongside your own guided independent study.
There are 11 weeks of teaching. For this module, the exact dates of teaching and/or reading weeks are to be confirmed.
This module is available on following courses: