Life Sciences PhD Students' Association (PiCLS)
PiCLS is the PhD Students’ Association in the School of Life Sciences.
The PiCLS committee organise a range of events including sports and social events, an annual PhD retreat, pub nights, and an annual ceilidh.
PiCLS committee members are also involved in the following for the benefit of the PhD community:
- Regular meetings with divisional PhD reps where we discuss upcoming events and get feedback and new ideas. These meetings are open to all PhD students.
- We help all PhD students to meet up outside of the lab environment and we represent SLS PhD students on School Board and Research committees.
- Heavily involved in organising many SLS public engagement events, along with SLSRSA.
- Organising a range of seminars and workshops to assist with future career development of PhD students.
A solely PhD student-organised symposium takes place annually and is organised by our PiCLS Symposium Committee. The event is open to all staff and students and hosts a wide range of renowned guest speakers covering a large spectrum of life sciences research.
PhD students from the Schools of Life Sciences and Medicine are encouraged to participate in the Symposium by submitting their research. Prizes are awarded to top posters and best student talks.
- PiCLS Social Friday: Come and join us in the CTIR street at 17:30 on the last Friday of every month for a cold beverage and some pizza.
- Annual Sports Events: Dodgeball and Sports Day
- Social events such as pub nights
- Annual PhD retreat
- Annual ceilidh
- Annual Lecture
Email us at PiCLS-PhD@dundee.ac.uk