Sport and exercise
Superb facilities and a wide range of exercise and sporting opportunities to help you take care of your body and mind
Whether you are an athlete, a club level competitor or enjoy spending time on your health and well-being, the Institute of Sport and Exercise (ISE) will keep you on your toes.
- a personal training room
- two exercise studios for all your favourite classes
- three glass- backed
- competition standard squash courts
- a designated strength performance centre
- a specialised dance studio
- Wattbike training zone and virtual studio
- 25m swimming pool with sauna
- floodlit, all-weather tennis courts
- two large indoor sports halls
Our Riverside sports grounds are a short walk from campus and offer floodlit artificial football and hockey pitches alongside seven grass pitches and two rugby pitches.
The ISE works closely with the University’s Sports Union to support a fantastic range of more than 40 sports clubs with the best coaching and equipment. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a sporting fanatic or you just want to make friends and enjoy the close community that a sports club offers. From archery to dance to volleyball, a positive work life balance is easily achievable.