Careers support for staff
Get support for your students
The Careers Service exists to empower our students and graduates to develop their potential and take confident, informed steps towards their future.
We work with work with School staff to support employability initiatives and to support your students in their career and professional journeys.
Refer a student to the Careers Service
We provide an impartial and professionally qualified Careers Service for all University students and graduates, including postgraduates and PhD.
- Careers advice, including helping students to make career decisions and explore career options.
- CV, application, and interview advice.
- Help searching for part-time and graduate jobs.
- Help to make the most of their time at university and enhance their employability skills.
- Access to online or face-to-face employer and Careers Service led workshops and events.
- Access to an annual programme of careers fairs.
- Advice on volunteering, work experience, gap years.
- Tailor-made careers information for subject areas.
- A range of credit-bearing careers modules.
- Graduate destinations data (available to staff in the University Management Information Portal).
- Employer relationship building with our dedicated Employer Engagement Team.
Work with us to deliver employability content
Careers education and employability initiatives are often most successful when there’s buy-in from Schools, students and the Careers Service. We’d love to discuss effective ways of working with you, including:
- enhancing or developing employability modules/activities
- employability events and recruitment fairs
- skills workshops
- attendance at school open days, information events and graduation
Employ a student/graduate or hire an intern
Do you have a project or opportunity that would suit one of our students or graduates and give them an opportunity to develop valuable work experience and skills?
Contact our Employer Team to discuss ways we can support you.
Career development for staff
Whether you’re considering a career change, exploring ideas and options or looking for advice on how to secure your next position, the University Careers Service is here to support all staff as well as students. To arrange an appointment with a professional Careers Adviser contact firstname.lastname@example.org.