Find temporary employment at the University with DUTE
Updated on 8 September 2022
Find temporary, paid, employment within the University. Information for potential candidates and recruiting managers.
DUTE offers temporary paid employment within the University.
Typical vacancies are, but not limited to, administration/clerical-type posts, which can last any length of time up to six months. Recruiting managers can complete a form to request a candidate.
Through a DUTE position you can:
- gain valuable paid working experience
- enhance your transferable skills
- build your CV and make yourself more attractive to potential employers
- gain access to a wider range of fixed-term and permanent University posts
You can apply for a temporary placement if you are a:
- graduate from the University of Dundee
- part-time member of staff at the University of Dundee
- retired member of the University of Dundee
- final year student (you could not be placed until you officially graduate)
- graduate from Abertay University
Register to join DUTE
- We will review your application and CV.
- We will arrange an online interview (via Microsoft Teams) to allow us to establish whether there is a suitable vacancy that we can match you to.
“I have been employed at the University through DUTE since I graduated in June 2019 in a variety of roles from Matriculation through to Graduation. I would thoroughly recommend signing up for DUTE once you have graduated the skills and experience you learn can be transferred into your future career. Being employed through DUTE has given me the flexibility to continue my education further and work towards my Master’s degree.”
Rhiannon Tindal, Humanities Graduate
“As a graduate, placements through the DUTE scheme have been invaluable. I’ve had the opportunity to work with some amazing people, to gain a deeper understanding of the University, and to assist and lead on projects within a variety of departments; learning new skills every step of the way. Thanks to DUTE, my CV now contains a wealth of administrative and creative experience which has and will continue to be of benefit in roles for years to come.”
Grace Fenwick, Business School Graduate
Information for recruiting managers
“The formation of DUTE has been of great support to me as a Service Manager within Life Sciences. It has allowed me quickly and efficiently recruit staff on a temporary basis to fill urgent requirements. Upon contacting the DUTE Administrator I found my requirements were assessed and understood resulting in appropriate candidate CVs being provided that best fit the criteria within the Job Description.
In my experience the quality of the candidates has been first-rate, this made the shortlisting and interview process less time consuming and the appointment of staff, from offer to acceptance and the creation of a UoD IT account, a pain free, efficient process. The support received whilst candidates were in post with DUTE such as dealing with payroll and holiday queries etc was extremely helpful.”
Manager in the School of Life Sciences