Human Anatomy MSc
Learn about human anatomy by carrying out full body dissection on Thiel embalmed cadavers
Human Anatomy is defined as the study of structures in the human body – this is key to medical practice and other areas of health.
There are many reasons why you would study Human Anatomy MSc at the University of Dundee, such as:
- We were the first UK university to use the Thiel embalming system in our teaching. We are now considered the UK’s leading Thiel facility. Our technicians have acted as consultants to a variety of anatomical institutions across the world.
- You’ll have the chance to carry out a full body dissection on Thiel embalmed cadavers. These cadavers are soft fix. This means they retain real-life qualities, including colour, tissue quality, and flexibility. This makes dissection easier, functional, and much more realistic.
- You will have access to our flexible teaching space, our anatomy museum, and a range of online resources. Some of which were produced by our own students.
Our anatomy course will give you a deep and thorough understanding of human, clinical, functional, and applied anatomy.
You’ll carry out practical anatomical techniques such as:
- developing an innovative student online learning resource
- cutting, staining, and mounting a good-quality histology slide
- producing a sheet plastinated specimen
- learning how to embalm
You will also learn about other anatomical sciences such as embryology and neuroanatomy. You can combine your interest in anatomy with other skills such as:
- anatomical preservation techniques
- learning and teaching practice
Murad Alshehry, MSc Human Anatomy graduate
If you have any questions about the admissions process, studying, or living in Dundee, please contact us