Search Marketing module (BU51025)
The amount of online content increases hourly, you will learn how to conduct a successful Search Marketing campaign to ensure your content is easily found.
Enhance your marketing knowledge by exploring Search Marketing and Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). You will gain insight into the planning, execution, and measurement of digital campaigns. This will help you make online content profitable by making it easy to find online.
The amount of digital information available to us grows every day. When targeting customers digitally it is important your brand and offering is seen. This module will teach you how to run a successful digital campaign learning how SEO works and how you can get your brand to the top of an online search.
What you will learn
In this module, you will:
- learn how to plan, execute, and measure search marketing campaigns. This includes search advertising and optimisation
- engage specifically with search marketing within the overall digital marketing domain
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- describe the concepts and devices used in search marketing
- understand what makes a successful marketing campaign
- integrate theory with practice through developing original and creative solutions to the organising of marketing campaigns
- understand how search marketing sits within the wider digital marketing practice, conversion analysis, and different goal types
- discuss the attributes of a well optimised website and put key learnings from the module into practice
- apply the practical application of search analytics tools for the purpose of monitoring and increasing visibility, engagement, and interest of customers
Assignments / assessment
Individual report (70%)
- 3,000 words
Group critique (30%)
- 2,000 words
Teaching methods / timetable
You will have four weeks of in person lectures covering the following topics:
- Introduction to Search Marketing / Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Digital Advertising
- Strategy and Planning
As this module has a blended learning approach you will use the videos and readings provided for independent learning as well interactive online workshops.
For this module, the exact dates of teaching and/or reading weeks are to be confirmed.
This module is available on following courses: