Global Economic Perspectives module (BU11004)
Learn about current Economic and Business issues from a global perspective.
Learn about current Economic and Business issues from a global perspective. Theories of economics will be applied to modern problems with global impact. You will have the chance to put models into practise understanding how Economics can help both understand and improve the world we live in.
This will help you in your personal life to understand current affairs and also understand how these issues impact the sector you choose to work in after graduation.
What you will learn
In this module, you will:
- explore the financial crisis of 2007- 2012
- understand behavioural economics and how people often behave in ways that are not rational
- study bargaining theory, looking at negotiations between employers and workers and other areas of economics
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- understand how financial crises impact the world economy and explain how the large-scale economy works
- use psychological insights to explain people's behaviour
- how different parties interreact for their own benefit and how this impacts the wider environment
Assignments / assessment
- Essay (25%)
- Tutorial Quiz (25%)
- Final exam (50%)
Teaching methods / timetable
You should expect weekly lectures and tutorials, a reading list will be provided for you to have prepared in advance to allow you to contribute to the class.
For this module, the exact dates of teaching and/or reading weeks are to be confirmed.
This module is available on following courses: