About the Doctoral Academy
The Doctoral Academy will help you navigate through your doctoral journey as a unique and valued member of our high-performance research community
As a research-intensive university, we are proud of the integral role our postgraduate researchers play in our vibrant culture. The Doctoral Academy will help you navigate your research journey (from doctoral journey to research journey).
Doctoral Academy Forum
The remit of the Doctoral Academy Forum
- represent a collective voice for all postgraduate researchers on matters or concerns affecting them under the auspices of the Doctoral Academy
- provide a platform for communication and networking amongst postgraduate researchers and the wider research ecosystem
- promote the central support and opportunities available for researcher development from across the University
- facilitate a pan-university community for postgraduate researchers to improve the experience during their time at the University of Dundee
- influence university policy and practice to address any perceived inequality of opportunity
What we do
The Doctoral Academy works in partnership with Schools, Professional Services, and Dundee University Students’ Association (DUSA) to provide equity of experience for postgraduate researchers across the University and ensure you thrive during your time with us.
Our core functions include:
- promoting and hosting researcher development training and events
- developing good practice in supervision
- signposting specialist support for research postgraduates across the University
- consistency of quality assurance and monitoring of progress
- embedding an interdisciplinary research ethos
- including the postgraduate voice in all that we do and say
The Doctoral Academy provides strategic leadership and support to schools and central services in our collective efforts to improve Postgraduate Researcher recruitment, to create an excellent Postgraduate Researcher experience, and to offer outstanding skills training and personal development to all our Postgraduate Researchers and their supervisors.
Using Postgraduate Research and supervision as a catalyst, the University of Dundee and its constituent Schools will benefit from a stronger and more diverse research base, increased research excellence and more sustainable research impact and knowledge exchange.
Our graduating Research Masters, PhDs and ProfDocs will be celebrated for their academic excellence and commitment to transforming lives, locally and globally.
The Doctoral Academy is governed by the Doctoral Academy Board.
Please get in touch if you have any questions
+44 (0)1382 384437