Level 1 entry
Selection for interview will be based on academic achievement to date, including predicted grades, and UCAT score.
Standard requirements: AAAAB at the first sitting of Highers
- Higher - Biology (preferably Human Biology) and Chemistry and National 5 - English, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, plus one more subject
- Offers will be conditional, based on performance at interview and three Advanced Highers/Highers taken in 6th year, normally at BBB, to include Advanced Higher Biology (preferably Human Biology) or Chemistry
Widening access requirements: AAABB (minimum) at Higher
- Higher - A in Biology (preferably Human Biology) and Chemistry and Advanced Higher - Biology or Chemistry at grade B or above
- Any subsequent offer will include compulsory attendance and successful completion of University of Dundee Access Summer School.
To see if you would be considered as a widening access applicant view our contextual admissions policy
You need to have a satisfactory disclosure check before starting this course. Details will be sent if you are made an offer.
- All applicants must sit the UCAT test in their year of application
- unless certified exempt because there is no testing centre in their country
- There is no minimum cut-off score
- More information about the UCAT test and how and when to register for it can be found on the UCAT website
Other English language qualifications
We also accept other English language qualifications. Choose from the list of English language tests for your country below.
Dentistry, Health Sciences, Social Work, and Medicine courses only accept UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) approved Secure English Language Test (SELT) as proof of English language.
Don’t meet the English language requirements?
Pre-sessional English for international students
If you hold a conditional offer and you have not yet met the English entry requirements for a degree course at the University, we can help you with our pre-sessional English courses.
Learn more about our pre-sessional English courses.
International College Dundee
If you do not meet our academic grade requirements for your chosen course, we can offer you an alternative route to begin your studies. Our international incorporated degrees will develop your subject knowledge, academic English and university level study skills.
Learn more about our International College Dundee options.