Teaching and assessment
for Advanced Practice MSc
The course is mainly delivered online and may include:
- pre-course reading and activities
- problem based scenarios
- online discussion boards
- self-directed learning
- individual reflection
You will be required to attend face to face sessions covering:
- physical and mental health assessment, clinical examination skills, prescribing, and pharmacology
This course is assessed using a variety of methods including:
- practice-based learning portfolio
- Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE)
- assessed online activities-discussion boards
- research proposal, practice based project or evidence base systematic review
You will complete four modules, which will expand your knowledge and expertise in clinically focused topics. You will then be allocated a supervisor and go on to complete your dissertation.
The Non-medical Prescribing module is accredited by the Nursing and Midwifery Council and the Health and Care Professions Council and acceptance on this module is subject to additional approval.
These modules are an essential part of your course.
You need to choose one or more of these modules as part of your course.
Contact our Nursing enquiry team
+44 (0)1382 388534