International job applicants

Information and support if you are moving to work at the University of Dundee from overseas.

On this page

We understand that getting a new job and moving countries can be both exciting and challenging. We are here to make the transition as smooth as possible, so please reach out to us if you require assistance.


The University of Dundee is an A-rated sponsor licence holder and will meet the costs of the certificates of sponsorship needed to support Skilled Worker visas.

The University will reimburse the costs associated with meeting immigration requirements where an employee requires a visa to live in the UK and work for the University.

See our policy on reimbursement of immigration costs

See our guide on applying for a Skilled Worker visa to work in the UK

Further advice on all areas of immigration and travel to the UK can be sought from UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) at GOV.UK

Right to work

As a Scottish institution operating on a global stage, the University is proud to promote the diversity of our workforce, with staff from more than 55 nationalities. If you do not currently have the right to work within the UK, there may be opportunities for the University of Dundee to sponsor you under the Skilled Worker route or provide you with information on other employment visa routes which may suit your circumstances.

Please note that prior to joining, all prospective employees need to demonstrate their Right to Work in the UK.

Money and finance

You should ensure you have a bank account when coming to work at the University.

Setting up a bank account


You need to register at a local GP surgery and dentist to access NHS healthcare 

Register with a doctor and dentist

Find a job

Search for job vacancies at the University of Dundee