We're currently updating our postgraduate pages for 2021, some courses may not be updated yet
Teaching and assessment
for Orthopaedic Surgery MChOrth
You will be taught through a combination of:
- multimedia demonstrations
- dry bone workshops
- anatomy demonstrations
- clinical and operating theatre attachments
- hands-on surgery workshops using Thiel-embalmed cadavers
You'll be assessed by:
- exams - these will take the form of multiple choice questions (MCQs), one per semester
- an objective structured clinical examination (OSCE)
- a thesis. You'll be examined orally on the subject of your thesis by a committee consisting of a convenor, an external and internal examiners.
You will be required to pass each element to qualify for the award of the degree. There is no resit facility.
We're testing a new way of showing modules on the website
This list should give you a good idea of which modules you can take, however it may change before you begin your course, and may not show all available modules.
Questions? Need help?
Contact our applicant enquiry team