Teaching and assessment
for Orthopaedic Surgery MChOrth
You will be taught through a combination of:
- multimedia demonstrations
- dry bone workshops
- anatomy demonstrations
- clinical and operating theatre attachments
- hands-on surgery workshops using Thiel-embalmed cadavers
You'll be assessed by:
- exams - these will take the form of multiple choice questions (MCQs), one per semester
- an objective structured clinical examination (OSCE)
- a thesis. You'll be examined orally on the subject of your thesis by a committee consisting of a convenor, an external and internal examiners.
You will be required to pass each element to qualify for the award of the degree. There is no resit facility.
We're testing a new way of showing modules on the website
This list should give you a good idea of which modules you can take, however it may change before you begin your course, and may not show all available modules.
Contact our applicant enquiry team