International Banking and Finance MSc
The International Banking and Finance MSc explores the role of banks and finance in the global economy, focusing on banking systems, investments and regulations.
Our Master’s in International Banking and Finance explores the role of banks and finance in the modern global economy and is a good choice for those aiming to build careers in finance within the field of international banking.
Why International Banking and Finance MSc at The University of Dundee?
- Study the diverse international banking systems, money, investments, and regulations which have become increasingly important in recent years.
- Tailor your degree to match your career aspirations with four specialist pathways to choose from – focus on a specific area that interests you and show future employers where your specific skills are.
- Focus on key banking areas including investment banking, management, and risk.
- Accredited by the Chartered Baker Institute, ensuring quality, industry relevance and enhancing your career prospects.
You will study the theory and practice of international banking and financial markets, and their behaviour, whilst applying theory to real-world problems and examples.
You will learn about the theoretical concepts and basic skills required to estimate and interpret economic models and you will be able to understand and analyse activity as well as anticipate future developments.
This degree is suitable for graduates who have completed a bachelor’s degree in a business subject, and those who have a bachelor degree in a subject different to business.
We offer you the opportunity to study our MSc International Banking and Finance, or MSc International Banking and Finance combined with another business topic. Our degrees are flexible, and this gives you the chance to focus on a specific area that interests you. It also shows future employers where your specific interests and skills are. There are four International Banking and Finance degree options for you to choose from, we refer to these as specialist pathways. The option you choose to study is what will be printed on your graduating certificate.
All the MSc International Banking and Finance degrees are made up of core modules (ones you must study) and a range of optional modules. In total, you will study nine modules across an MSc degree.
This degree is formally accredited by the Chartered Banker Institute, where Chartered Banker status will be achieved upon successful completion.
We will help you settle in at the start of your degree:
- Week 1 – you’ll meet your Programme Leader and your Adviser of Studies will help you choose your modules and give you advice on the available pathways.
- Week 2 – our Moving Up to Business module provides you with the business basics that you need to be ready for the start of teaching
- Week 3 – our main teaching block begins
English is the worldwide language of business. If English isn’t your first language, we will offer you two free English language modules that will focus on words and terminology that are used in business. These modules are an important signal to employers of your commitment to English language skills. They will also help you to feel confident in communicating when you start your business career.
If you have any questions about the admissions process, studying, or living in Dundee, please contact us