Business Analytics MSc
The Master's in Business Analytics is designed to build your knowledge across many areas including International Business, Management, Finance and Marketing.
Business Analytics is the process of transforming data into insights to improve business decisions. Business analytical skills are increasingly important in a world that generates large quantities of data, are highly valued by employers, and in large demand.
Why Business Analytics at The University of Dundee?
- We’ll help you to develop the necessary skillset to analyse data and understand the models of business analytics.
- This course is taught by experts within the Business School, with support from our Computing Science colleagues to ensure our students have access to the highest quality of learning.
- The programme is flexible, and you have options to specialise in Marketing, International Business, Big Data, Management, or Finance.
Open to business and non-business graduates, our MSc teaches you to apply the latest analytical and quantitative tools to make informed business decisions on the available data, whilst examining the ethical use and management of data in terms of the impact on society and individuals.
This master’s course will teach you how to make better informed business decisions throughout your career by providing you with the skillset you need to transform data into valuable information.
This degree is suitable for graduates who have completed a bachelor’s degree in a business subject, and those who have a bachelor degree in a subject different to business.
We offer you the opportunity to study our MSc Business Analytics, or MSc Business Analytics combined with another business topic. Our degrees are flexible, and this gives you the chance to focus on a specific area that interests you. It also shows future employers where your specific interests and skills are. There are six Business Analytics degree options for you to choose from, we refer to these as specialist pathways. The option you choose to study is what will be printed on your graduating certificate.
All the MSc Business Analytics degrees are made up of a range core modules (ones you must study) and a range of optional modules. In total, you will study nine modules across an MSc degree.
We will help you settle in at the start of your degree:
- Week 1 – you’ll meet your Programme Leader and your Adviser of Studies will help you choose your modules and give you advice on the available pathways.
- Week 2 – our Moving Up to Business module provides you with the business basics that you need to be ready for the start of teaching
- Week 3 – our main teaching block begins
English is the worldwide language of business. If English isn’t your first language, we will offer you two free English language modules that will focus on words and terminology that are used in business. These modules are an important signal to employers of your commitment to English language skills. They will also help you to feel confident in communicating when you start your business career.
If you have any questions about the admissions process, studying, or living in Dundee, please contact us