Dr Beth Hannah
Reader in Educational Psychology
+44 (0)1382 381463
Elizabeth Hannah is a Reader in Educational Psychology in the School of Humanities, Social Sciences and Law. She is registered with the Health and Care Professions Council and has worked as an educational psychologist in a number of local authorities in Scotland. She joined the University of Dundee in 2003 on a part-time basis whilst continuing to work as an educational psychologist. She was employed on a full-time basis in 2010.
Beth has held various positions in the BPS Scottish Branch, including Chair. Currently, she is the lead for the newsletter and HUBS. She has been a member of the BPS Practice Board and the BPS Ethics Committee. She has been involved with the Scottish Division of Educational Psychology Training Committee and currently represents the committee on the BPS Partnership and Accreditation Committee. She was awarded Senior Fellow of Advance HE in October 2022.
Beth is a Director of the Transformative Change: Educational and Life Transitions (TCELT) Research Centre.
Beth serves on a number of editorial boards including the International Journal of Educational and Life Transitions, where she is deputy editor, and Educational Psychology Research and Practice, where she is International Associate Editor.
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Educational transitions
- Mental health and well-being
- Consulting with children and young people
- Early years
- Inclusion of children with additional support needs
- Professional ethics
Funding (Research, Knowledge Exchange)
- North East Sensory Services
- Innovation and Impact Development Fund
- ISSR Interdisciplinary Incubator Grant
- Scottish Government
- Dundee City Council
- Scottish Funding Council Innovation Voucher Scheme
- Changing Children’s Services Fund
- Scottish Universities Insight Institute
- Kelvin Valley Leader
- MSc Educational Psychology programme
- Doctoral supervision (PhD, DEd, DSW, DEdPsy)