Research Centre for Transformative Change: Educational & Life Transitions (TCELT)
An inter-disciplinary and cross-University research centre.
- To undertake world-leading research.
- Provide a focal point for building a critical mass of active international researchers in the area of transformative change and transitions.
- Provide a programme of research and scholarship activities to link up with academic and non-academic communities.
- Establish collaborative networks and activities with external partners in the statutory, private and voluntary sectors both nationally and internationally.
- Make transition experiences as positive as possible by disseminating high quality research that enhances the understanding of the transition process that individuals, families, groups and communities go through, including creation of high quality innovative resources.
- Promote resilience of individuals, families, groups and communities by producing research that impacts positively on policy and practice that supports those navigating life and educational transitions.
- To nurture emerging researchers nationally and internationally.
- Attract high quality national and international postgraduate students, post-docs and visiting scholars.
The vision of the TCELT Research Centre is to have an impact on international research, policy and practice in the context of educational and life transitions, and their implications for well-being through an international network of researchers, professionals and communities.
We hold three types of events on a monthly basis: Research Seminars, Transitions Community Compass and a Writers' Retreat. Please check our Events section for the latest details or contact Professor Divya Jindal-Snape for more information about getting involved.
The International Journal of Educational and Life Transitions is an international peer reviewed journal which publishes articles and multimedia outputs of interest to researchers, practitioners and policy makers in the field of educational and life transitions across the world.
The vision of the TCELT Research Centre and its International Network of Transitions Researchers is to have an impact on international research, policy and practice in the context of educational and life transitions, and their implications for wellbeing through an international network of researchers, professionals and communities.
These COVID Blogs have been written by TCELT’s International Network of Transitions Researchers, including practitioners and policy makers as well as those who are experiencing these transitions. They aim to provide rapid research-based information about the impact of COVID on educational and life transitions, and to suggest strategies to enhance transition experiences.