Applied Spanish 2B module (PS22004)
All language modules focus on practical communication skills and further develop grammatical competence emphasising the four skills of reading, listening, writing and speaking. You will recognise and apply competently basic lexical and grammatical structures, use a bilingual dictionary effectively and be able to read, understand and summarise the main points of basic and increasingly complex written texts and complex spoken messages in a variety of situations. You will conduct an independent investigation and project work, deepen your awareness of contemporary societies, cultures, customs and conventions and understand the wider European historical, geographical and socio-political context. You will also increase your ability to make informed cross-culture comparisons in a European context and build up cultural awareness and intercultural competence.
- Formal grammar
- Critical reading/listening and contextualised summary
- Individual written project
- Organising and conducting opinion poll and evaluating data
- Advanced oral presentation skills
- Topic areas include publicity, tourism, geography and regional differences, historical events and political structures, current affairs, contemporary social and cultural issues.
This module is available on following courses: