Law (Scots) with Spanish LLB (Hons)
School of Humanities, Social Sciences and Law
Study the subjects you need to proceed to qualify as a solicitor or an advocate in Scotland with Spanish
Our LLB in Scots law qualifies you move on to the Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice and train as either a solicitor or an advocate in Scotland.
Students on our LLB Scots Law can also choose to apply to our Dual Qualifying degree. This also enables you to proceed to qualify to practise law in England, Wales or Northern Ireland.
You'll also study one Spanish module per semester in each year, either as a beginner or at intensive level if you have previously studied the language at Higher/A-Level.
Along with your studies we encourage our students to join one of our Law societies:
- The Dundee University Law Society is one of the biggest and most active societies on campus and helps build your Law network.
- The Dundee International Law Society is a student-led society that arranges seminars, debates, colloquia and presentations on international law problems and prospects.
- Our Mooting society provides training and practice in advocacy. Each year members participate in national and international competitions, including at the International Court of Justice in The Hague.
- The Telders International Law Moot Court Competition provides an opportunity for law students with an interest in public international law to hone their skills in front of leading experts and compete against teams from across Europe.
- The Route2 society aim is to expose law students to the vast array of career opportunities outside of the legal sector.
You can read more about the successes of our Law societies on the DUSA website.
If you have any questions about the admissions process, studying, or living in Dundee, please contact us