Leadership and Decision Making module (BU52033)
Learn about the most important leadership and decision making skills required by managers to help contribute to an efficient and modern organisation.
You will develop your leadership and decision making skills by improving your understanding of the role, responsibilities and competencies of leadership, gain insight to the current theories and how to apply these skills in a business context.
For a modern businesses, their leaders need to make balanced decisions considering many factors such as profitability, environmental concerns, employee wellbeing and long term sustainability.
What you will learn
In this module, you will:
- understand concepts, principles and theoretical approaches to leadership and decision-making
- gain awareness of current issues & processes of leadership & decision-making
- research the influences on leadership and decision making
- identify contemporary issues facing leadership across various business contexts
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- use insights from different approaches to find practical answers
- develop original and creative responses to issues and problems for leadership in organisations
- apply a range of standard and specialised research techniques
Assignments / assessment
- group project (30%)
- individual essay (70%)
This module does not have a final exam.
Teaching methods / timetable
You should expect weekly lectures, these will be recorded to use for revision. You will also have in-person tutorials and be expected to have completed the reading and tasks in preparation of contributing to the class.
For this module, the exact dates of teaching and/or reading weeks are to be confirmed.
This module is available on following courses: