Project Management Processes module (BU52032)
Develop your knowledge of the project processes and skills necessary for managing complex projects.
As every project follows a project life cycle, mastering the project management process is daunting but worth it. You gain the following skills: strategic alignment, clear focus and goals, quality control, realistic project planning and leadership.
What you will learn
In this module you will:
- understand the multiple constraints to be taken into account and controlled in project management
- critically appraise the management of different stages in the project process from initial design to implementation and completion
- assess sustainability and sustainable development goals in projects
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- address the technical and the leadership/team/organisational control requirements of managing complex projects
- critically analyse the range of tools used in managing complex projects
- demonstrate communication, collaboration, and creativity skills in teamworking
- develop and present a convincing, knowledge-based argument in oral and written forms from a variety of sources
Assignments / assessment
- group assignment (30%)
- individual project management assignment (70%)
This module does not have a final exam.
Teaching methods / timetable
Teaching in this module is designed for students to enhance communication, collaboration and critical thinking (e.g. group presentations and discussions). Students will be encouraged to read articles to discuss in class and participate in the debate.
Introduction to the Module
Introduction to Project Management: Concept and the Organisational perspective
|2||Planning and Leading Projects|
|3||Stakeholder Analysis and Communication|
|4||Resourcing and Accelerating Projects Agile Intro|
|5||Project Team Building, Conflict, and Negotiation|
|6||Project Risk/ Project Procurement|
|7||Group Presentation and Template Submission|
|8||Project Quality/ Sustainability and Sustainable Projects|
|10||Individual Report Submission|
For this module, the above timetable is subject to change.
This module is available on following courses: