Managing People and Organisations module (BU51024)
Explore effective leadership, teamwork and decision-making within diverse workplaces. You will learn about motivation, ethics, and organisational culture.
Managing People and Organisations explores effective leadership, teamwork, communication, and decision-making within diverse workplaces. You will learn about motivation, conflict resolution, ethics, and organisational culture. This will help you better understand your colleagues in the workplace regardless of your career path.
What you will learn
In this module, you will:
- understand key concepts and theoretical approaches to the management of people and organisations
- discuss theories of people management, including employee engagement and voice, knowledge management, innovation management, and equality and diversity management
- appreciate critical issues of managing people and organisations in an international context
By the end of the module you will be able to:
- apply key aspects of people management to organisational problems
- Implement people management techniques in a contextually sensitive manner
- develop original and creative responses to issues and problems of people management in organisations
Assignments / assessment
- Group work (30%)
- Individual essay (70%)
This module does not have a final exam.
Teaching methods / timetable
You should expect weekly hybrid lectures and in-person tutorials.
Learning material is provided through videos, review notes, examples, and tutorial questions. You should be prepared in advance having completed the reading and any tasks in to discuss in class time.
For this module, the exact dates of teaching and/or reading weeks are to be confirmed.
This module is available on following courses: