Creative Interventions for Change and Innovation module (BU42010)
You will examine the main ideas to managing change and how these relate to individual, group, and organisational behaviour.
Organisational change can be a daunting task, especially in today's rapidly evolving world. This module will equip you with the essential skills needed to plan and execute successful change.
Time will be spent to discuss the role of Change Management professionals to give an insight into this important role.
What you will learn
In this module, you will:
- gain a critical appreciation of the context and nature of change, both at the individual and organisational levels
- explore the relationship between change and innovation, and how complex challenges impact successful organizational management
- understand the crucial role of communication in change management and learn methods to handle responses and critiques effectively
- develop a comprehensive understanding of the components of organizational change, including context, communication, responses, and planning methods
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- identify and address the primary issues involved in organizational change
- understand various models of change and approaches to effectively manage transformations
- demonstrate a deep understanding of the planning and implementation process of organizational change
- view change from multiple perspectives, considering the interests and viewpoints of all stakeholders involved
Assignments / assessment
- Individual Action Learning Project (60%)
- Business/management Scenario Review - Case study (40%)
This module does not have a final exam.
Teaching methods / timetable
This module is highly interactive and you will be asked for your opinions and to contribute to class debate with other students in both lectures and tutorials. You will learn from case studies to gain understanding of change management in real-world scenarios.
Each week you can expect 1x two-hour in person lecture, a pre-recorded lecture to watch in your own time plus 1x one-hour in person tutorial. Some weeks you will hear from guest lecturers who will share their perspective on the weekly topic to give you an industry view.
|1||Introduction: The Importance of Organisational Change|
|2||Organisational Change and the Individual|
|3||Organisational Change and Organisational Theory: Recipes for Organisational Effectiveness|
|4||Guest lecturer - Leadership and Change Management|
|5||Approaches to Organisational Change|
|7||Organisational Culture and Change|
|8||Guest lecturer - Risk and Project Management|
|10||Guest lecturer - Managing Consultancy and Change|
Changes to weeks may occur to the exact order of teaching and content.
This module is available on following courses: