Apply for discretionary funding to support with childcare

Updated on 29 January 2024

Who is eligible for the Higher Education Childcare Fund and how to apply.

On this page

If you are struggling to cover the cost of childcare, the Higher Education Childcare Fund can provide support.

Our priority is to help with the costs of registered childcare during term. We contribute monthly payments directly to your childcare provider.

Who can apply

Undergraduate and postgraduate students who have:

  • registered childcare costs
  • received funding for a Tuition Fee Loan from SAAS this academic year
  • received the maximum student loan to which you are entitled this academic year

If you are receiving the childcare element of Working Tax Credit or Universal Credit, we expect you to maximise that entitlement before considering applying for the Higher Education Childcare Fund.

Single parents

If you are a single parent and have applied to SAAS for the Lone Parent Grant (LPG), you can apply to us for the Lone Parent Childcare Grant (LPCG) of £1215 which goes towards your registered childcare costs.

How to apply

You will need to apply for assistance towards your childcare each semester.

Apply via My Dundee (login required)

Student Funding

+44 (0)1382 384801

Guide category Student support