On this page

Register with Disability Services as soon as possible if your are a disabled student to ensure individual support arrangements are made.

Please contact Disability Services if you would like to make an appointment to see one of our Advisers. This is particularly important if you require any adjustments to examination arrangements

We offer confidential support services to all disabled students to ensure they are not disadvantaged when undertaking their course.

The type of support offered will depend on the individual nature of your disability and an assessment of your needs. Our aim is to enable disabled students to identify the most appropriate support for their individual needs in the context of their chosen course of study and, ultimately, to enable them to develop independent support strategies as far as possible.

To receive the most appropriate support you are encouraged to register with Disability Services as soon as possible. You should provide us with confirmation of your disability from a recognised practitioner, for example, your doctor or consultant. In this way, the most appropriate support can be identified, implemented as far as possible and modified in response to your individual needs.

What is a disability?

Find out more about what we mean by 'disability' in our definition of disability.


All of our services are confidential and we will not disclose anything to anyone about your contact with our service without your consent. 

Lean about confidentiality and disclosure at Disability services

Services and guides

In addition to our main services and facilities we also provide access to two IT suites (for students registered with Disability Services) and locker facilities.

Students with temporary disabilities (e.g. a broken arm) should contact their School in the first instance if they need support for their studies for a short period during recuperation. If further advice is needed, please contact disability@dundee.ac.uk

Access Centre

Needs assessment including for the Disabled Students' Allowance

Non-Medical Personal Helper (NMPH) Service


The Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA) is a supplementary allowance available to UK domiciled students who incur additional expenditure because of their disability while undertaking a full-time higher education course.

Disability Services Sharepoint pages

Resources for students can also be found on our Sharepoint pages