Disability support for distance learning students
Disability Services offers confidential support services to all disabled students whether they are studying on campus or at a distance.
Contact us so we can discuss your particular requirements and to arrange the support you require.
You do not need to register with Disability Services in order to speak to one of our advisers in confidence.
Depending on your individual disability-related needs, we can provide the following support:
- Needs assessment advice and ongoing support by phone, video, or email
- 1-1 specialist support provided via phone or Microsoft Teams (for example, mental health mentor)
- Dyslexia screening and diagnostic assessment where possible and depending on your location
- Loan equipment for the duration of your studies if needed and where possible
- Individual licences for assistive software
Accessing assistive software from home
- Learning and assistive technology for staff and students
- For online exams and assessments, view our guidance on using assistive technology in exams.
Mental health support
- See our mental health guide for details of the support available from the University and externally