Welcome to the University of Dundee Archive Services. We hold material relating to the University and to individuals, industry and organisations in the Tayside area and beyond.
Please note we are closed Tuesday 30 May and Monday-Friday 17-20 July 2017
The Archive is open to everyone and access to the records is free.
If you need to research an essay, an article or book; if you are interested in the people of Tayside, the staff and students of the University; if you would like to explore aspects of the jute and textile industry, study events in Dundee or trace the evolution of the University, the Archive is the place to start.
You can research all kinds of topics - education, culture, environmental and business history, medicine and health. You can use the records as resources for art, drama and literature activities and for teaching in schools. Or you can explore your local and family history. Our collections are of interest to a wide range of users.
Archive Services manages and maintains the University of Dundee's manuscripts and records collections.
Our main aims are to:
- secure the long-term preservation of the University collections and selected external organisational and personal records
- promote the use of the collections to support the core institutional aims of research, teaching and learning
- support the current business of the University through the provision of information from the collections and preserve the University’s corporate memory
- use the collections in marketing and to promote the University
- engage with the local and wider community
Download our full Archive Services Mission and Collecting Policy July 2016
Archive Services contributes directly to the University’s Strategy and Transformative Vision