Level 1 entry
- All Highers are to be obtained at the first attempt and at one sitting. National 5 / Intermediate 2 grades will also be taken into account.
Widening Access applicants
- ABBB / BBBBB grades at Higher, to include chemistry and another science subject.
- The other three Highers can be your own choice and this will not influence assessment.
Applicants with a non-science background
- AAAAB grades at Higher, to include no more than one science subject, excluding chemistry.
- Offers will be conditional on the attainment of three Advanced Highers/crash Highers taken in the 6th year.
You need to have a satisfactory disclosure check before starting this course. Details will be sent if you are made an offer.
The application procedure for this course includes an interview. Read more about your interview
- All applicants must sit the UCAT test in their year of application
- unless certified exempt because there is no testing centre in their country
- There is no minimum cut-off score
- More information about the UCAT test and how and when to register for it can be found on the UCAT website
Other English language qualifications
We also accept other English language qualifications. Choose from the list of English language tests for your country below.