Teaching and assessment
for Psychological Therapy in Primary Care MSc
You'll be taught through a mix of:
- clinical skills workshops utilising role play
- talks by NHS-based clinicians
- individual and group-based clinical supervision sessions
- comprehensive online resources to support workshops
The course team has produced a library of DVD-based training resources that are available for trainees to purchase for a nominal sum.
Regular telephone and email contact between course team members and trainees is a feature of this course to support your daily clinical activities.
You'll be assessed by:
- a systematic review of published evidence relating to a primary care mental health issue
- an essay on procedures around initial assessment of patients
- two exams
- two case reports of patients you have treated
- three placement-based assessments of your clinical competence.
These modules are an essential part of your course.
Contact our applicant enquiry team