Biomedical Engineering MSc
Apply engineering principles and design methods to create new techniques and instruments in medicine and surgery
Biomedical engineering is a multidisciplinary field. It combines engineering principles and design concepts with medical and biological sciences. With these disciplines, biomedical engineers seek to create solutions to healthcare problems. These solutions could be:
- the development of surgical devices
- improvements to medical instrumentation
- discovering new techniques in medical imaging
There are many reasons why you should study MSc Biomedical Engineering at the University of Dundee.
- We’re 2nd in the UK for Medical Technology and Biomedical Engineering (Complete University Guide, 2023).
- You will learn from top engineers, scientists, and clinicians in the UK. They will aid you in developing your skills and knowledge. You will also develop your understanding of biomedical engineering and living systems.
Our Biomedical Engineering Master's provides you with expert knowledge and skills. With these, you can succeed in one of the most rapidly-growing engineering disciplines. This will equip you for employment within the sector.
As well as deepening your understanding of the principles and technologies of biomedical engineering, you’ll look at other concepts in the biomedical industry, such as:
- the role of entrepreneurship
- business development
- intellectual property exploitation
Xiaoxu Lei, Biomedical Engineering graduate
Complete University Guide 2023
If you have any questions about the admissions process, studying, or living in Dundee, please contact us