Teaching and assessment for Art, Science & Visual Thinking MFA
The course will be tailored to the individual students’ requirements and will include:
- lectures, workshops, and talks by invited specialists from both the arts and sciences.
- one-to-one interactive tutorials with staff from DJCAD and the School of Life Sciences.
- regular progress meetings with module and course leaders.
- practical tuition in appropriate techniques
- placement or ‘residency’ in a laboratory or research centre where appropriate (both within the University and beyond)
You'll be assessed using:
- the realisation of the research proposal and completion of any coursework integral to each module – as agreed with module tutors.
- coursework may include practical work, placement, written assignments, and oral presentations
- a final outcome – either in the form of an exhibition, a written thesis, or a public engagement project. This will be assessed by a team of programme tutors and validated by an appointed external examiner.
- no written examinations
These modules are an essential part of your course.
You need to choose one or more of these modules as part of your course.
Contact our enquiry team
If you have any questions about the admissions process, studying, or living in Dundee, please contact us