Art, Science & Visual Thinking MFA
Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art & Design
Bringing together leading and internationally renowned disciplines to provide an opportunity to explore the relationships between science and art
Dundee City Campus
At a time when the connections between the creative arts and scientific research are becoming increasingly vital and dynamic, this course provides an opportunity to fully engage in this expanding global arena and discourse.
The course will provide a tailor-made opportunity for you to study aspects of the life and physical sciences through creative practice.
It will provide you with the tools to engage and generate creative responses to both historical and contemporary scientific developments through projects that investigate, critique, and communicate aspects of science.
The course is based on bringing together artists and scientists to discuss and explore current thinking and emerging themes at the interface of science and society. You will be encouraged to initiate independent research and realise outcomes in any media or method of your choosing.
This course will provide:
- access to an interactive environment with scientists working on problems associated with diseases such as Cancer and Parkinson’s disease
- scientific collaborators across science disciplines including Life Sciences, Medicine Forensic Science and Physics
- availability of training in multiple art practices as well as many scientific approaches if required
- the opportunity to work with researchers and artists from two of the UK’s leading schools in both Life Sciences and the Arts
- the opportunity to work with a diverse group of students from different backgrounds and disciplines
- professional mentoring system tailored to the student’s specific project(s)
Contact our applicant enquiry team