+44 (0)1382 384845
Prof Sudhu Paramati is a Chair Professor of Financial Economics and Climate Change at the School of Business in the University of Dundee, the UK. He was an Associate Professor of Finance at the Jiangxi University of Finance and Economics, Nanchang, China. He worked as a Sessional Staff/Tutor at the Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics in the Griffith University, Australia. He was also a Senior Research Analyst at the National Institute of Financial Management (NIFM), Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India, and Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IITK), India.
He is a Fellow of British Higher Education Academy (HEA)/Advance Higher Education (AHE). He received his PhD in Finance from the Griffith University, Australia. Further, he holds M.Phil. in Financial Economics and M.A. in Applied Economics from the University of Hyderabad, and Pondicherry University, India, respectively. He obtained his Bachelor (BA) degree from the Silver Jubilee Residential Degree College, Kurnool, AP, India.
He has published over 60 international peer reviewed journal articles such as Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Energy Economics, Economic Modelling, Tourism Management, Annals of Tourism Research, Journal of Travel Research, Journal of Sustainable Tourism, Emerging Markets Review, Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment, Applied Economics, Economic Analysis and Policy, Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Applied Economics Letters, Australian Economic Papers, Applied Energy, Renewable Energy, Energy, etc.
He has been listed in Top 50 Young Economists in the world by the RePEc. Three of his co-authored papers have received the Highest Citations awards from the respective journals:
- Bhattacharya, M., Paramati, S. R., Ozturk, I., & Bhattacharya, S. (2016). The effect of renewable energy consumption on economic growth: Evidence from top 38 countries. Applied energy, 162, 733-741.
- Paramati, S. R., Alam, M. S., Hammoudeh, S., & Hafeez, K. (2021). Long‐run relationship between R&D investment and environmental sustainability: Evidence from the European Union member countries. International Journal of Finance & Economics, 26(4), 5775-5792.
- Alam, M. S., Apergis, N., Paramati, S. R., & Fang, J. (2021). The impacts of R&D investment and stock markets on clean‐energy consumption and CO2 emissions in OECD economies. International Journal of Finance & Economics, 26(4), 4979-4992.
He was also awarded with ‘Prof M.J. Manohar Rao Young Economist Award for the 2016 by the Indian Econometric Society, India’ and received ‘Outstanding Contribution Award, for the year 2016’ from the Jiangxi University of Finance and Economics, China.
His research has a significant impact on the policy making. More specifically, his research papers have been referred in numerous policy oriented research papers by the United Nations (UN), World Bank (WB), International Monetary Fund (IMF), Asian Development Bank (ADB), etc. He has over 6350 citations and his h-index and i-10 index are 34 and 56, respectively.
His current research focuses on the following areas:
- Asset pricing
- Financial market integration
- Housing affordability
- Energy and carbon finance
- Issues on sustainable economic development
- BU51019 – International Business Finance (MSc)
- BU51011 – International Banking System (MSc)
Present PhD Supervision
- Deepti Sri Vellingiri Saravanan (Energy markets in China and India)
- Joy Yakubu (Child immunization and mortality in Nigeria)
- Sara Alhussini (Political risk and financial markets’ co-movements)
I am available for PhD supervision.
I am available for media commentary on my research.
Contact Corporate Communications for media enquiries.
Areas of Expertise
- Banking and finance