EU Law module (LW22022)
Discover the Law of the European Union (EU). Understand its institutions, competences, and mechanism. Learn how EU law safeguards rights.
Learn why the EU was founded, how EU Law is made and how it is interpreted by member countries.
Gain an advanced understanding of how the EU functions as a legal order and as a model of advanced economic integration.
You will study the European Charter of Fundamental Rights and the Four Freedoms under EU Law.
Explore the protection of human rights in EU Law and EU Competition Law and how it is applied.
What you will learn
In this module, you will:
- explore the free movement of persons and goods within EU Law
- discuss the principles of the EU Internal Market
- discuss the principles which regulate the exercise of EU competences
- explore the sources and interpretation of EU Law
- understand the procedures that ensure compliance of the EU Member States with EU Law
Assignments / assessment
- coursework (40%)
- multiple choice exam (60%)
Teaching methods / timetable
This module will be delivered by a combination of lectures and seminars.
Lectures will be used to present information and structure learning, with some interaction.
Seminars will allow small group work and student led discussion.
This module is available on following courses: