Business Organisations module (LW21002)
Learn how the law relates to business organisations and structures in the United Kingdom.
Learn about the concept of agency, the various types of business structures such as partnerships and companies.
Discover what happens when a business comes to an end through insolvency.
What you will learn
In this module, you will:
- understand the principal forms of business organisations in the United Kingdom and how they are formed, regulated and dissolved
- explore primary legal sources in order to identify the key rules and principles that they establish
- examine the relationship between individuals involved in the business and the third parties dealing with the business and their dissolution
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- present your knowledge and understanding in a clear and accurate manner using legal language and sources
- analyse the principal forms of business structures, and to apply this knowledge in problem situations
Assignments / assessment
- Coursework (40%)
- Multiple-choice examination (60%)
Teaching methods / timetable
- Independent study
Lectures will be used to present information and structure learning, with some interaction. Tutorials will allow for small group work and student-led discussion.
This module is available on following courses: