Emerging Technologies: the Digital Business Environment module (BU21007)
Understand how marketing, data, and artificial intelligence combine to enhance the business environment and simultaneously present new challenges.
Technology is rapidly changing and evolving. A business professional must be able to identify the potential benefits of new technology and determine the feasibility of implementation into a given system.
What you will learn
In this module you will:
- research and apply new technologies which are being integrated into the Information Technology environment
- investigate trends and examine the potential impact of emerging technology on business practice and the business environment
- learn about the ethical and technical implications of using emerging technologies and their impact on different stakeholder groups
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- position yourself as an ethical decision maker of the future by gaining a sufficient understanding of the emerging technology practices in different social contexts
Assignments / assessment
- critical report 70%
- poster 30%
This module does not have a final exam.
Teaching methods / timetable
This module will be delivered through a combination of lectures, case studies, student presentations and group discussion. You are encouraged to read in advance and participate in discussions.
There are 11 weeks of teaching. For this module, the exact dates of teaching and/or reading weeks are to be confirmed.
Topics in this module include:
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Digital Business Models
- Privacy and Trust Issues
- Mobile Platforms and Location-Based Services.
- The Balance between Technology, Efficiency, and Humanity
- Legal and Regulatory Frameworks for Digital Business
- Artificial Intelligence and Algorithms
This module is available on following courses: