Set up Secure Mobile Working (Company Portal app) on iOS
Find out how to install and use the Company Portal app to access your staff email.
Before you get started
- Remove any apps using your University login (such as Box, Outlook, or Excel).
- Make sure your device is fully charged (keep it plugged in) and connected to wifi.
Getting set up
- Go to the App Store and install the Microsoft Intune Company Portal app.
- Open the app and sign in with your full username and password.
- Accept the Terms of the University's Personal Mobile Device Policy.
- Click Begin once the Company Access Setup procedure starts.
- Click Continue until you reach the What comes next? page.
- Click Enroll and a Management Profile page will appear.
- Click Install until you get the Remote Management pop-up.
- Click Done once the Management Profile has installed.
- Click Continue to proceed with Device Compliance.
- A Checking Compliance loading screen will appear.
Pass: A green tick will appear if your device is compliant
Fail: Follow the instructions in the next section
- (If you pass in step 10) Click Continue to reach the Setup Complete page and select Done.
If you have no passcode or a weak passcode
- Click Continue at the Passcode Requirement warning box.
- Proceed with the passcode setup/change.
- Device Compliance should now show a green tick.
- Click Continue to reach the Setup Complete page and select Done.
You can now install the Outlook email app from within Company Portal.
Don't want/need the app anymore?
Follow the uninstall instructions if you:
- No longer want the app on your own phone or tablet.
- Are leaving the University and handing your device back.
Read the guidance on accessing your email by browser (if you plan to do this from now on).
+44 (0)1382 firstname.lastname@example.org