Public engagement resources
List of resources to support with public engagement from the internal and external sources.
Get Involved at the University of Dundee
- The School of Life Sciences Impact site is an excellent example of the range of activities undertaken by our Schools.
- Widening Access within External Relations are seeking undergraduate and postgraduate volunteers, as ambassadors for higher education.
- The Magdalen is the monthly student newspaper with a wide readership and welcomes new contributors.
- The National Co-ordinating Centre for Public Engagement (NCCPE) - hosts a wide-range of resources
- The Association for Science Education - is a community of teachers and other professionals supporting science education in the UK
- Education Scotland - explains the Curriculum for Excellence in Scotland's Schools
National Schemes and Activities
STEM East coordinates the STEM Ambassador Hub East Scotland to help inspire young people in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. The benefits to signing up for the nationwide STEM ambassadors scheme are huge. It allows you to take part in a range of activities with a variety of audiences. To find out more about the scheme or to sign up for an induction session, please contact Kevin McKeever, STEM East: firstname.lastname@example.org
Become an ambassador for public engagement within your institution with support and funding from the NCCPE.
National Projects for Schools
- I'm a Scientist
- Host or partner a CREST project
- Glow - the world's first national intranet for education that is transforming the way the curriculum is delivered in Scotland.
- Scottish Baccalaureate
- Nuffield Research Placements
- School Science is a site with a range of resources including posters, activities, videos and more to support events in schools.
National Projects for Adults
- Bright Club - a comedy club where people from Universities talk about their work in funny ways.
- Famelab UK
- Dance your PhD
- Three Minute Thesis
- Cafe Scientifique