Cooper Gallery exhibitions archive
Explore the links below to see some of the exhibitions that have taken place in the Cooper Gallery.
Friday 3 September 2021, 11:00 - Saturday 23 October 2021, 16:00
A solo exhibition of new and existing works by internationally celebrated artist Ruth Ewan
Friday 3 December 2021, 11:00 - Saturday 19 February 2022, 16:00
An exhibition and event project navigates experiments in art education and alternative pedagogical initiatives from the early 20th Century to the present.
Monday 21 March 2022, 11:00 - Saturday 16 April 2022, 16:00
Cooper Gallery hosts the 2021 edition of prestigious annual open call drawing exhibition
Featured image: He Chengyao, Inside 1.58sq metre, 2017. Performance, Cooper Gallery. Photo by Erika Stevenson.
- 2020 - Laura Mulvey and Peter Wollen, Riddles of the Sphinx (film still), 1977. Image courtesy the artists and BFI.
- 2019 - Jasmina Cibic, The Gift, Act II, 2019. Single channel HD video (still). Courtesy of the artist.
- 2018 - Bow Gamelan Ensemble, 51° 29'.9'' North - 0°11' East, Rainham Barges, 1985. Courtesy ALTERIMAGE.
- 2017 - Ulay, S’he, 1973/74. Polaroid type 108. 10.4x8.7 cm. Courtesy Staedel Museum, Frankfurt.
- 2016 - Mary Kelly, Flashing Nipple Remix, 2005-07. Collection of Whitworth Art Gallery, Manchester. Courtesy the artist & Pippy Houldsworth Gallery.
- 2015 - Edgar Schmitz, Surplus Cameo Decor, Episode 1: palasthotel (detail), 2012. Photo by Ross Fraser McLean.
- 2014 - Anna Oppermann in the Ivory Tower of the ensemble The Artist's Task to Solve Problems (Problem of Space), 1978–1984. Musée d'Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris 1981. Courtesy of the Estate of Anna Oppermann and Galerie Barbara Thumm Berlin.
- 2013 - Georgina Starr, Before Le Cerveau Affamé, 2013. Photo by Ross Fraser McLean.
- 2012 - Viola Yesiltac, Untitled, 2012.
- 2011 - A CUT A SCRATCH A SCORE: a comic opera in three parts, 2011. Photo by Ross Fraser McLean.
- 2010 - Cullinan Richards, First Unaffected Unaffected Formal Effects Last, 2010. Photo by Ross Fraser McLean.