Law (Eng/NI) with Energy Law LLB (Hons)
Study towards practising Law in England, Wales, Northern Ireland (or in other common law jurisdictions globally) specialising in oil, gas, and energy law
This course is recognised in common law countries that accept an English qualifying degree.
You start this course with 120 credits which lets you complete your degree in three years.
This course can be used as part of an accepted pathway into practice as a solicitor or a barrister in England and Wales. Find out more about:
- the route to qualifying as a solicitor, using our guide to the Solicitors’ Qualifying Examination
- the process of becoming a barrister, at the Bar Standards Board website.
Along with your studies we encourage our students to join one of our Law societies:
- The Dundee University Law Society is one of the biggest and most active societies on campus and helps build your Law network.
- The Dundee International Law Society is a student-led society that arranges seminars, debates, colloquia and presentations on international law problems and prospects.
- Our Mooting society provides training and practice in advocacy. Each year members participate in national and international competitions, including at the International Court of Justice in The Hague.
- The Telders International Law Moot Court Competition provides an opportunity for law students with an interest in public international law to hone their skills in front of leading experts and compete against teams from across Europe.
- The Route2 society aim is to expose law students to the vast array of career opportunities outside of the legal sector.
You can read more about the successes of our Law societies on the DUSA website.
If you have any questions about the admissions process, studying, or living in Dundee, please contact us