Law (Eng/NI) with Energy Law LLB (Hons)
Study towards practising Law in England, Wales, Northern Ireland (or in other common law jurisdictions globally) specialising in oil, gas, and energy law
This course is recognised in common law countries that accept an English qualifying degree.
You start this course with 120 credits which lets you complete your degree in three years.
This course can be used as part of an accepted pathway into practice as a solicitor or a barrister in England and Wales. Find out more about:
- the route to qualifying as a solicitor, using our guide to the Solicitors’ Qualifying Examination
- the process of becoming a barrister, at the Bar Standards Board website.
Along with your studies we encourage our students to join one of our Law societies:
- The Dundee University Law Society is one of the biggest and most active societies on campus and helps build your Law network.
- The Law Review is a publication run by students and reviewed by academics to ensure high academic standards. This is an ideal opportunity to gain legal editing and writing experience.
- Our Mooting society provides training and practice in advocacy. Each year members participate in national and international competitions, including at the International Court of Justice in The Hague.
- The Telders International Law Moot Court Competition provides an opportunity for law students with an interest in public international law to hone their skills in front of leading experts and compete against teams from across Europe.