Anatomical Sciences BSc (Hons)
In this hands-on course, you’ll learn about everything from classical gross anatomy to post-genomic molecular and cell biology
Anatomy is the study of the structure of the body and the relationship of organs and tissues. It does this at a gross (whole organ) and microscopic (histological) level.
- The University of Dundee is 1st in the UK for Forensic Science (Complete University Guide, 2023).
- Our staff are among the most experienced in the UK in fields such as:
- human identification
- forensic anthropology
- craniofacial identification
- the study of the human body
- We were the first UK university to use the Thiel embalming system in our teaching. We are now considered the UK’s leading Thiel facility. Our technicians have been consulted by a variety of anatomical institutions across the world.
During the first two years of this course, you'll study core and optional modules within the School of Life Sciences. This will give you an understanding of physiology, biochemistry, and related biomedical sciences.
As the degree progresses, you'll develop a sound knowledge of the human body from the early stages of development to the adult form.
You'll learn full body dissection on our Thiel-embalmed cadavers. This will allow you to understand the practical methods central to anatomy. You'll also investigate an area of research during your dissertation project.
Complete University Guide 2023
If you have any questions about the admissions process, studying, or living in Dundee, please contact us